For example, the standard Class B rate starts at $25/M for the first $100M; then $15/M for the next $400M; then $10/M for the next $2MM. Those rates are expressed per thousand and the MM denotes millions. Likewise, we may quote you a single and aggregate contractor line of authority. https://www.bookstime.com/ That line may be expressed, for instance, as $5MM single and $15MM aggregate. I know I have seen jobs posted that pay $50K, and K is meant to stand in for a thousand. And you would be correct, thanks to the Greeks. K comes from the Greek word kilo which means a thousand.
- It’s tough to remember these when they’re are all so similar.
- MM is an abbreviation of the words mutual masturbation.
- Unfortunately, there isn’t a consistent approach to labeling units.
- Let’s say you’re talking about sales growth of $1 million.
- I have not run acrcross “mn” in this context.
- I don´t know how these are used in English, but here we use M for thousands and MM for thousands of thousands, i.e., millions.
The Greeks would likewise show million as M, short for Mega. So if we stay consistent with the Greek abbreviations, then billion would be shown as a letter G . Think of your computer expressing bytes of memory as kilobyte, megabyte or gigabyte. However, when it comes to billion, we don’t really see G or MMM as the abbreviation for billion. We are more likely to see a headline that reads the government spent $60B on a new project.
Word Origin for MM
Using M for million in that industry could be misleading. Here’s the problem with that strategy though…in certain professions, such as online advertising, you’ll look like a complete idiot if you don’t use M and MM. In those cases, I think you ought to write for your hiring manager rather than the recruiter. It’s tough to remember these when they’re are all so similar.
Virtual network functions are virtualized tasks formerly carried out by proprietary, dedicated hardware. A network packet is a basic unit of data that’s grouped together and transferred over a computer network, typically a … For more than one individual to masturbate whilst in the company of another/others doing the same. MM is an abbreviation of the words mutual masturbation.
MedTerms Medical Dictionary
If we wanted to denote millions, we would show that as MM. M is the Roman numeral for thousand and MM is meant to convey one thousand-thousand — or million. To take it further; one billion would be shown as $1MMM or one-thousand million. MM is especially useful when communicating your longing for something or someone online. You will most likely see it accompanying an image on a social site where people share memories.
- RxList does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
- And after reading this post, I think your advice to avoid abbreviating million is worth taking.
- The Latin numeral MM is frequently used to designate that the units used in presenting information (financial and non-financial) are in millions.
- That’s a considerable difference ($999,000, to be exact).
- Social media recruitment is the use of social media platforms to identify, engage and vet people the …
Social media recruitment is the use of social media platforms to identify, engage and vet people the … SQL Data Types What are SQL Data Types? The Structured Query Language comprises several different data types that allow it to store different types of information…
Other definitions for mm (2 of
It is mostly to save space and for easy readership. I really appreciated the insight and comments from others. If all else fails use scientific notation. A single “M” can mean either thousand what does mm mean or million. You want your business writing to be clear, not confusing. Spell “million” and “thousand.” Don’t try to abbreviate them. Let’s say you’re talking about sales growth of $1 million.